All of the money contributed to Friends of Education-Bwindi goes into our organization’s bank account, from where ever the money is donated, it is transferred directly to our bank in Uganda.
- A member of the finance team will acknowledge receipt of the money by email, and record the income on the Friends of Education-Bwindi QuickBooks financial management computer system.
- Income is classified according to the department in the project that it is funding. Every department and each project has a budget.
- Expenditure is made against budgets, and release of any amount of money requires the signature of the Chairman Board of governor, the person in charge of the organization.
- The Friends of Education-Bwindi has sound financial policies and procedures that are reviewed each year.
- The Friends of Education-Bwindi finances are audited each year by a firm of independent auditors based in Kampala, the capital.
- Audited accounts are published on the Friends of Education-Bwindi website in November of each year.